Sunday, May 5, 2019

I Thought She Could Live a Better Life

I am from a village in Ningdu, Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province. My wife gave birth to a girl over 10 years ago. Due to the pressure of birth control policy, the infant was sent three days after her birth and adopted by a kind-hearted town resident. I sent her away because I thought she could live a better life in the town than in a poor village. From then on, I never heard any news about her. 

During the summer of 2016, a relative of mine told me that an American couple came to seek for lost family members. So I sent them our DNA sample and they carried it back to the U.S. for DNA matching. No feedback was received until the next summer in 2017 when I met Lannie when she visited Ningdu searching for birth families. I had her take my DNA sample again. She said she would do her best to find my lost daughter. 

Our efforts was paid one a winter night in 2018. A phone call woke me up. “Is this Mr. Wang? Your daughter has been found. She is in the Netherlands!” 

The caller turned out to be Lannie. I just couldn’t believe it!! Later, Lannie got our contact on WeChat and we checked the childhood photos of the girl we shared to each other. They also created a family groupchat where we were told by the girl that her DNA and my wife’s successfully matched. We do share the kinship!

We appreciate the dedication made by Lannie and her team! We truly respect your efforts! Hereby, I also wish all the parents who lost their children could work together with Lannie’s team and find your lost treasure someday! 

Once again, thank you Lannie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment